With the holidays here, that means baking time is near! Utilizing the exceptional properties in Johnny Apple tinctures, you can finally bring an extra dose of "health" to your table. The numerous health benefits of CBD oil continue to grow as research is proving this is a "miracle of nature" product. Edibles such as baked cookies are useful because of their long-lasting effects which makes taking your medicine a tastier task.
BAKING WITH TINCTURES
CBD tinctures are concentrated forms of CBD oil, so a little goes a long way. Baking, if done incorrectly, can disrupt CBD's potency. A few important things to keep in mind are temperature, serving size, and storage.
- Temperature - The boiling point for CBD is 320°-356°F. Anything higher will cause a risk of evaporating some of the CBD and reducing its potency.
- Serving Size - Keeping the serving size in mind when baking is imperative. For example, if you use 100 mg of CBD to make a batch of brownies that serves 24 people, each brownie will only have 4 mg of CBD in it, which is fine, but if you need 50 mg, then you will have to eat a lot more brownies.
- Storage - CBD is sensitive to light and heat, so correctly storing baked goods is vital. Your baked goods will do best in a cool, dark place.
HOW TO BAKE WITH TINCTURES
The first thing you need to do is pick a recipe that has a higher fat content. CBD is fat soluble and needs fat to work, so cooking with oil or butter is a must. You then mix the fatty ingredient with the CBD and stir them together. Keep in mind if the fatty ingredient needs to be hot, make sure it does not reach the CBD's boiling point, so you might have to compensate by cooking it longer. Now for some yummy recipes!
CHOCOLATE CHIP CBD COOKIES
These classic cookies are remarkably easy to make, as well as providing convenient portion control for CBD dosing.
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup softened butter
- 0.5 oz. unflavored CBD tincture
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix the softened butter with CBD tincture, brown sugar, and white sugar in a bowl until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time before stirring in the vanilla extract.
- Put the baking soda into the hot water and dissolve, then add it to the batter with the salt. Slowly stir in the chocolate chips, and nuts (if you want them), along with the flour.
- Drop large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans, then bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
This classic main dish from Michigan is quite hearty, so pace yourself.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pound boneless round or chuck steak cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 piece rutabaga cubed
- 1 carrot diced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon unflavored CBD tincture
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Add in shortening until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Stir in water until it thickens, then shape into a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine meat, onion, potatoes, rutabaga and chopped carrots. Divide dough into six pieces, and shape into balls. Lightly flour a surface, and roll each ball into a 6 inch round segment. Place about 1 cup filling on one half of each segment. Place a dot each with 1 tablespoon margarine and CBD tincture.
- Drape the other half of the pastry over the filling, and crimp edges to seal in filling. Poke the top with a fork and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
Taking your medicine has never tasted so good as it does baking with CBD tinctures. For more enlightening products, contact us today!